- How does this work? Generally speaking, you show up to Taste of Oviedo, head toward the Celebration tent as soon as you get there so you can get a Tasting Ticket, then go check out the rest of Taste until the line opens.
- How much food do I get? About 2 good bites of each item. Enough to really appreciate the citrus and celery
- I have a great recipe idea, how we get that to the crowd? Volunteer to be a recipe guru!
- Where’s the link to sign up to be a cook? Alas, there isn’t one. We changed the format to better showcase the versatility of citrus and celery. In the new format, we’re presenting an entire harmonious meal with flavors from a featured country.
- What happened to the judging? That has transformed to voting for what flavors you’d like to taste in next year’s Celebration. TOPP’s goal is to encourage people to use ingredients that can be grown locally, and the best way to do that is to show the range of diversity that you can achieve with citrus and celery by selecting a meal of unified flavors and presenting it as a quartet.
- Can I cook anyway? YES! We need volunteers to help make the recipes selected for this year’s event!
- How much does it cost? To volunteer, it’s free! To get a plate with a sample of the year’s 4-course meal, we kindly ask for a donation of $4 to TOPP.
- What if I’m vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free/diabetic/lactose intolerant? There’s a chance you won’t be able to eat all 4 of the dishes. Sometimes enthusiastic cooks will create alternative dishes for people with special dietary restrictions, but there are no guarantees.
- On the drink….will it contain alcohol? It seems to happen more often than not. If it does, it will be clearly labeled and the volunteer serving it will be checking IDs. We will make sure that there is always a non-alcoholic option so everyone can participate.