This is one of the most diverse and challenging cook-offs in the country, and we just updated our awards to reflect
- Grand Prize – given to the top overall entry across divisions combining scores from both the traditional judges and the community judges. It is possible (and likely) that the Grand Prize winner will also be a Division Award Winner.
- Menu of the Year Award – (4 awarded) The scores from the Celebrity Judges will be combined with the votes of the People’s Choice judges to find a winner in each of our 4 divisions: (1) Starters, Salads, and Sides, (2) Main Course, (3) Dessert, and (4) Liquid Refreshment. Each prize is valued at $75 in a combination of cash, vouchers, and other goodies.
- Junior Chef Award – given to all people 12 and under who are bold enough to enter the contest. All Junior Chefs are also eligible for the regular prizes as well.
- Professional Taste Award (awarded to up to 5 cooks by Duda Farm Fresh Foods). All Cooks are eligible to have their recipes selected for consideration by the Duda Farm Fresh Foods test kitchen. Winners of this honor will be selected solely by representatives from Duda Farm Fresh Foods and will be announced at Taste of Oviedo. There is no set number of people who may be honored. Recipes MUST be original for consideration, and use of fresh ingredients also plays an important factor. Recipes selected for this award MAY be featured on products packaged by Duda Farm Fresh Foods, perhaps even on Dandy brand celery!
- ALL – Every person who enters the cook-off will receive a goodie bag with cool stuff valued at the amount of the entry fee PLUS samples equivalent of lunch We love our chefs!!